Monday, October 3, 2016

Write 31 Days- day 3 James, the creative slug

OK, it wasn't really THAT bad but Mondays are notorious for being a "things I need to do to stay alive" kind of day: one child to school early for Jazz band then to the grocery store (and shopping at 0745 is sooooo easy) then put them away and next thing you know you've blown a handful of hours doing not much creative.

I really, really, really wish I had a way to shop creatively. I don't. In fact, right now getting groceries is an act of madness as they are renovating my local huckster and there's always one aisle that gets re-located down between the stink bait and the perfume aisle that smells like I imagine the house on Jersey Shore stinks like. And I shop as if my list is one giant check-box: it is either done or it isn't. don't block my aisle, stop chit-chatting about which tuna has dropped $0.03 since last week or how satisfying your "morning constitutional" was. Thus my enjoyment of the 0745 shopping time frame. So if you have an idea how creativity can be oozed into WITHOUT slowing me down...I'm all ears.

I did the "morning biz" part of my day checking e-mail and various presences on the Interwebs and started on re-locating a small "set" I have for shooting upper torso videos. There was problem solving but honestly, no real creativity. I moved furniture and wires and lights but nothing innovative that I felt the need to share with the world.

The afternoon though...that was a different story. Today I did the primary taping of a video tentatively titled "Five Ways to Make a Crappy DIY Video" and dear-o-dear....the snark is strong on this one. Video editing took the remainder of the afternoon and some of the evening. Tomorrow I'll shoot the B-roll, final edit, render and upload.If you are a subscriber to the RGR YouTube channel you'll likely see it next week.

*sigh*

One minute late, so I guess technically I'll do two posts tomorrow.

Have a good one folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment