Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Write 31 Days- Day 12 When there's nothing to give

Today was about as much fun as a kick in the face. And not a cute little "baby on the bed learning to roll over" kick but more like a "teenager trying to get the goal to make the state finals and oh I'm sorry was that your face on my foot" kick.

OK, that may be over exaggerating it a bit (known to us Irish folk as being creative). But I did have to spend most of the morning in a meeting with our financial adviser. Let me assure you, it was not a place that inspired creativity. None. Zip. Zilch. But the day wasn't a total loss.

I made tuna salad.

Now my Mom makes the best tuna salad on the planet. Period. But I make it my way. And in nearly 50 years on the plant no two of those ways have been the same. Dill? Smoked paprika? White vs. black pepper? The possibilities of what you can do with those little glass jars of leaves and twigs (spices) means I never have to have the "same" tuna salad. And yes, it also means I don't necessarily get GOOD tuna salad every time, but that's a chance I'm willing to take. Keep me away from Vegas kids, 'cause I'm a high roller I tell you.

Creativity is pretty much at a standstill in the shop/office as well. The Supertone Lone Ranger guitar is still in "intensive moisturizing" mode and I'm still trying to get a handle on Trello and Evernote. And finally I enjoyed a panel discussion hosted by Tim Schmoyer on his Video Creators channel about when and how to utilize a team approach to making your YouTube channel run. Not a lot of need for that at the moment but I did learn quite a few things. I did "create" a couple of witty comments but I dare say they weren't some of my highest prose. Maybe next time.

Be creative kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment