Saturday, October 22, 2016

Write 31 Days- Day 22 Creatively Uncreative...or the opposite

Today was one of those days that was necessary yet painful. They say the day you stop learning is the day you stop living (ok, I don't know if anyone really says that but it sounded good) and today I crammed in a bunch of learning from the YouTube Creator Academy.

In particular their pre-production boot camp series. It was a number of lessons about certain aspects of what happens before you record the first seconds of video in video, multiple choice and short answer questions. There were sections on story brainstorming, script writing, storyboarding as well as workflow and time management (and even some budgeting thrown in just for fun).

when my brain makes it onto paper
Now my video style doesn't lend itself to as much pre-planning as a traditional short film (the intended audience for this boot camp series) but I did learn quite a bit. And even topics that weren't directly relatable to me did trigger some thoughts as my mind wandered a rabbit trail or two and I ended up with a bunch of mad scratchings on the old Mk I mod I paper.

If you're a YT creator there's still time to sign up and plow through the material; it ends the 25th of this month (like in 2 days) so you'd better get on it.

Ya'll be creative 'n stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment