Thursday, October 27, 2016

Write 31 Days- Day 27 Yes, I ditched you

I'm not proud of it, but sometimes you do what you gotta' do.

Yesterday, I decided I had to make a tutorial video for a new feature that YouTube is rolling out called End Screens. These are the links and buttons (we call them annotations) that appear at the end of a video. I didn't want to make a simple "this does this, that does that" so I decided to show the steps on how I set up the last 20 seconds of each shoot to accommodate the YouTube features.

So I had to make a sample video segment which included using Adobe Photoshop for the graphic element, audio recording software to capture the voice-over, Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the video and the YouTube End Screen editor to test and plan the video capture to follow. I then used OBS software to capture the on-screen action and an audio recorder to get the narration of me doing what I had just tested but now to show and teach the process. Finally, I had to edit me doing all of that and finally add THAT video showing you how to do what I had just done.

It took most of the day and WELL into the night.

I was creative, I just didn't share it until the day after.

So here you go:



No comments:

Post a Comment