Saturday, October 15, 2016

Write 31 Days- Day 15 Creativity in the mundane

Sometimes creativity is disguised in the mundane. Mind-numbingly mundane at times.

Take editing video for example. While I am known to some as having a wit about myself and a sporadically humorous presence, having to look at my face-made-for-radio can, at times, become a bit tedious. So it becomes a challenge (read as problem solving) to pare my rambling as I discuss fixing instruments or  the finer points of utilizing light and equipment (a little side project called the Content Creator Series).

And when I'm just blabbing away (like I usually do) I tend to say "um" quite a bit or have the occasional "what was I going to do?" senior moment. Those aren't very exciting so I try to edit those out.

a typical production train wreck in the process of being
tamed for public consumption 
Throw in an additional camera and now I have to choose which view of my face-for-radio you get to see. Music also plays a part in many segments as it helps convey my confidence, terror, or ambivalence at the situation at hand. It isn't something I often consciously think of as creative because I do it so much and I get into a groove, but sitting down and having to write about it makes me see it for what it is.

Creativity in the guitar shop (or the editing room).

No comments:

Post a Comment